Handmade Notes

Kevin and I survived another weekend of fun-filled activities for the kids, including (but not limited to): completion of Friday night home for Saturday morning Chinese school, a birthday party at the Cheesecake Factory/Build-a-Bear for a seven-year old girl, laundry, a Ninja pool party for a seven-year old boy, the Miramar Air Show 2010 (more to follow on that), grocery shopping, bath night, and frustration when listening ears are not fully attached.

As such, there was a situation on Saturday night upon arriving at home where one child was not listening.  After previously warning them that not listening would result in bedtime, we were forced to adhere to our warning.  Brandon proceeded to change into his pajamas as he was hiding from his mom and dad upon Ashley's suggestion to play.  He got in trouble, Ashley felt bad as she did not intend for him to get into trouble, and Kevin and I were at our wits end.  After talking through the event and consequences of not listening, Brandon hand-delivered a "very important note" to us to read.  Ashley had apologized, but I saw a card out of the corner of my eye that she had previously made for us and showed us which I thought was fitting and considered very special.  I thought I would share both of their sentiments.
Front and Back of Ashley's Card
Inside Caption of Ashley's Card
Front side of Brandon's Apology

Back side of Brandon's Apology

No comments:

Post a Comment