Valentine's Day Cards

We had a homemade Valentine's this year as Ashley and Brandon became Martha Stewart-ish by creating their own Valentine's Day cards to handout to their classmates on Valentine's Day.  I was motivated by Kate Hardin's crafty venture last year who inspired me to explore ideas online, so after finding various ideas, I presented them to Ashley and Brandon who went with a bubble and Start Wars Lego theme.
Ashley's artistic achievements
Ashley's cards were multi-colored and stated, "I am bubbling with excitement that you are my friend.  Happy Valentine's Day!"  After cutting out each card, she attached a bubble wand to each card in lieu of candy that we purchased from Michael's arts and crafts stores using a 40% coupon.
Brandon's crafty creations
Brandon's cards were sugar-free as well and replaced by glow in the dark bracelet sticks.  The sticks were used to mimic Anakin Skywalker's light saber and his cards read, "May the force be with you on Valentine's Day" with a heart superimposed over the Lego Anakin photo.  I thought that was clever and he was excited to complete the project of cutting, taping, and writing the names for his class.

Kevin and I were proud of them and their craftiness as these were different and the only one of their kind this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment