Brandonism of the Week

While getting ready for Brandon's birthday party on Saturday, we were picking up a few last minute items from Target and Party City on Friday night.  While leaving the cash register check-out stand at Target with our bags in hand, an employee was steering a flat bed cart and pushed it in front of the entrance/exit when Brandon throws up his hands and proclaims, "I surrender.  I surrender."  The employee smirks and keeps pushing the cart past Brandon while another cashier smiles at Brandon's antics.

We then get into the car and head to McDonald's for a 42 ounce soft drink since it was a $1.00 and discover that because they are remodeling, they are offering a free ice cream cone.  Kevin orders 5 for all in the car (Kevin, Aunt Shirley, Karri, Brandon, and Ashley) which they happily oblige us with.  Brandon then proclaims to Aunt Shirley that she and Uncle Ward should relocate from San Francisco to San Diego for the free food.  He had previously tried to argue that San Diego has better jobs than San Francisco, but Ashley's voice of reason citing they just bought a house nixed that argument.  Alas, he still tried.

Then on the way home, Kevin turned on the radio where Foreigner's ballad, "I Wanna Know What Love Is" came on and Ashley proceeded to sing the lyrics to our surprise.  Brandon then joined in and sang the chorus which was surprising since we didn't know that they even had heard this song, much less knew the lyrics.  It's rather humorous to hear a 7 and 9 year old sing, "I want to know what love is.  I want you to show me.  I wanna feel what love is.  I know you can show."  Scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment